So, you’ve been invited to go axe throwing, huh? Well, well, well, look at you, ready to take on a new challenge! But hold on a second, what exactly is axe throwing and what have you gotten yourself into? Don’t worry, my friend, the Urban Xtreme pro-axe-throwers are here to guide you through this magnificent and emerging sport. Get ready to learn all about the history, the basics, and even some fun facts about axe throwing!
A History of Axe Throwing: From Cavemen to Backyard Shenanigans
Is Axe Throwing Safe? Let’s Axe the Question!
- Only one person throws in a lane at a time, and the lanes are fenced in to prevent axes from bouncing into other lanes.
- Safety rules are strictly enforced.
- All players must wear closed-toed shoes to prevent injuries from dropped axes and avoid splinters.
- While coordination and a cold beer might sound like a good combo, axe-throwing venues like Urban Xtreme do not allow you to bring your own alcohol. Safety first, my friend!
- Rest assured, axe throwing has its inherent risks, but venues follow strict standards to avoid any incidents. Just show up sober, wear closed-toed shoes, and listen to the safety brief, and you’re good to go.
Fun Facts About Axe Throwing: Did You Know?
- The National Axe Throwing Federation estimates that league members and drop-ins combined have thrown about 20 million axes since the sport gained popularity. That’s a whole lot of axes flying through the air!
- A perfect score in axe throwing is 81 points. It’s a tough goal to reach, considering most beginners set their sights on getting 25 points. So, aim high and let those axes fly!
- Only three females have ever recorded a perfect score of 81. So, ladies, grab an axe and help make history!
- Just like dart players have their own darts and billiards pros swear by their cues, top axe throwers have their own axes. These axes must adhere to certain standards of length, width, and weight. It’s all about finding the perfect axe for that perfect throw.